This headland projects into Admiralty Inlet at Fort Casey on the west coast of Whidbey Island in Island County. It was named after Admiralty Inlet. An earlier name was Keelog’s Point or Keelog Point for Dr. J. C. Keelog, who owned a Donation Land Claim. In 1841, Cmdr. Charles Wilkes called it Red Bluff from a reddish tinge on the seaward side of the low cliffs above the point.