Coveland is a community at the west end of Penn Cove on Whidbey Island in west central Island County. The place was founded in 1850 and was the commercial center of the island by 1854. Its name was borrowed from Penn Cove. In the 1850s, it was called Barstow’s Point, for Capt. B. P. Barstow who operated a store and owned a nearby Donation Land Claim.