Crescent Harbor is a large crescent-shaped harbor on south shore of Whidbey Island’s north lobe in Island County. It is bordered by portions of a U.S. Naval Air Station. It was named by Dr. Richard H. Lansdale in 1851 and is quite descriptive. In 1841, the Wilkes Expedition named it Duncan’s Bay for a naval officer who served on the Saratoga during the War of 1812. The Indian name was Stole-sun. (Meany, p. 61).