Keystone is a ferry terminal on the north shore of Admiralty Bay at the east end of Crocketts Lake in Island County. Fort Casey State Park is on the bluff above Keystone. The park, with its gun emplacements, fields, and beaches has been rehabilitated by Washington State Parks & Recreation Commission as one of Whidbey Island’s most popular attractions. The present name for the terminal, without particular significance, was chosen when the boom town of New Chicago faded away in the 1893 panic. That town, on the site of Keystone, was to have been the western terminus of Chicago & Skagit Valley Railroad, with an eastern terminus at Sedro Wooley.