The McLeod Cabin is located at the Island County Fairgrounds. The cabin was built in the 1920’s on Cultus Bay Road just north of Sandy Hook. It was originally owned by “Aunt Addy”.
David McLeod purchased it from Aunt Addy’s estate, following her death in the 1950’s. It was used by the McLeod’s as a holiday cabin. It was vandalized many times. Because of the danger of its being burned, David asked the Island County Fair Association if it would welcome the cabin as a historic relic. The answer was yes, and in 1980 it was moved to its present location on the Fairgrounds.
A new roof and new foundation were added with many local people helping in the restoration. In 1981 it was opened to the public. The antique furniture and many of the artifacts were furnished by Eva Mae and Raymond Gabelein. In 2016 a new roof was generously added by David Johnson.